I will be adding the stuff I’ve compiled from previous months on here soon (trust me! LOL)…I’ve got a music Top 5 for this year too to help you transition into Advent if you hadn’t already…but here’s what I’ve got for December thus far. If you didn’t know, December has been a crapshoot just like the rest of the year. I do thank Almighty God for a new work policy that keeps me off Twitter while the mess goes down. To that end, I also voluntarily left Twitter again…not sure if I’ll ever go back at this point since…I’m trying to see if it is affecting my blood pressure.
I just be out here chillin though, as per usual…check out the daily rundown. Don’t @ me either – this is my site lol
(Did I mention literally everyone, including myself…is viable to get roasted on here? Aye, if you didn’t know…now, you know.)
- Oh yeah it’s December let’s get it! Greetings in the precious, matchless name of our soon-coming Savior Jesus Christ.
- After a cursory look at what people are talking about this morning…
- It’s not a good thing as a presidential candidate when your most press-receiving move is when you…end the campaign. BRUH https://www.foxnews.com/politics/steve-bullock-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race
- <insert Bernie Mac “PRAISE GOD” GIF here lol> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watson-throws-3-tds-catches-another-texans-top-pats-28-22/ar-BBXCoNd
- The only thing really that can stop a bad guy with a gun…is a…good guy with a gun. Amirite? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bread-man-delivers-heroics-to-foil-armed-robbery-at-fast-food-restaurant/ar-BBXC0OB
- It’s Cyber Monday…ya’ll got ya trigger fingers ready?
- TODAY: 20011202 was the day that Enron filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- BOOOOO, GOOGLE… https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/11/google-is-killing-google-cloud-print/
- Wait…so…KSP has ruffled the feathers of Conservative Regime of the SBC as much as she has…and she won’t even “be” there for another…<lemme look again>…year?! ROFLMBOOOO https://www.sebts.edu/news-and-events/headlines/2019/10/fa19_karen_swallow_prior.aspx
- Sounds like people trying to make something out of nothing here… https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/robert-de-niro-defends-anna-paquin-irishman-dialogue-1202193500/
- RanDUMB thought (I’d like to have about someone one day, Lord willing): “I have a hard time seeing anyone else in a room when I see you in it…”
- Hey ya’ll…it’s Tuesday…
- Hopefully ya’ll can access this page… https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fifty-years-after-the-black-14-were-banished-wyoming-football-reckons-with-the-past/2019/11/30/fb7e9286-e93d-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html
- Hmm… https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/hiv-vaccine-2021-leading-experts-optimistic-about-ongoing-trials-n1092021
- Oooohhhh… https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/boosting-the-real-time-performance-of-gnome-shell-3-34-in-ubuntu-19-10/13095
- Still working on my review of this too… https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/11/ubuntu-19-10-quite-simply-the-best-ubuntu-canonical-has-ever-released/
- I remember these…and my question now as it was then is…WHY WERE THEY A THING?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HitClips
- Woooowww… https://www.foxnews.com/health/heart-from-dead-donor-revived-transplanted-us
- RIP Kamala Harris’ campaign… https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-kamala-harriss-campaign-failed/
- Rough night of sleep last night – got a call from work at 12:31 after crashing from my gym workout…and I wasn’t really able to get back to sleep…so, I’m running on fumes today – yay!
- Wow… https://www.npr.org/2019/12/02/784179707/samoan-government-to-close-its-offices-amid-measles-crisis-that-has-left-53-dead
- HOLD UP! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Caldwell_Boone
- 🙂 https://hymnary.org/hymnal/NNBH1977
- “Oh victory in Jesus! My Savior forever…He sought me, and bought me with His redeeming blood…He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him…He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood…”
- Who are these people…and what makes them fundamentally different than a group like…the seventh-day adventists? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Christ
- Randum thought: why didn’t/hasn’t Jamie Foxx come out with more music? Overheard a coworker listening to a song of his from a while ago…he was “as good as anyone else” out at the time…
- God’s timing is always right when I need to see stuff like this… https://torreygazette.com/blog/2019/12/2/the-cruciform-single
- WUT https://www.inc.com/don-reisinger/fords-plan-to-use-mcdonalds-coffee-waste-for-car-parts-is-best-reason-yet-to-drink-coffee.html
- Alert: (unfortunately) I’m a long-term $F shareholder…
- I have read a lot about a book I haven’t read yet (and considering how mad it seemed to have made people in “Christian” Twitter, maybe I should add it to my list for next year idk lol
- Back on assurance for a little too (in light of the JW’s and Mormons I’ve been researching about, whom I vehemently believe don’t ultimately have assurance of anything…)
- Had day off, didn’t do really anything of note lol
- Oh wow… https://wtkr.com/2019/12/06/a-model-was-disqualified-from-miss-world-for-being-a-mother-now-shes-pushing-back/
- WOW… https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50681489
- It’s time to get nerdy! To get caught up on “things I’d say you don’t really need to care about unless you’re a theologian, and even then it’s not some hill to die on or whatever…”, here’s some Calvinism stuff to really get your brain rolling if you so desire to hurt yourself lol: LAPSARIANISM
- (as a qualifier: Phil and I have had our disagreements online at times…so if you find some reckless tweets from my way just…don’t be shocked. I apologize pre-emptively…lol…but I’ve always thought this was a pretty good breakdown of things. This was fairly pre-Twitter anyways…everyone was more chill back then [or we just didn’t know any better…and shoot, I was in middle school LMBO]) http://www.romans45.org/articles/sup_infr.htm
- Did a lot of book reading, but this is a good thing to note in regards to updates coming to the NASB… https://opened-heart.com/nasb-2020-update-news-and-review/
- Ughh…at least my house is cleaner…I took a nap and next thing I knew I was late waking up for work so…yeah. Good day though nonetheless so…amen 🙂
- But wait – something did happen yesterday…check this: so before the message the pastor alerts us to check out the books in the foyer because he said we had some new Advent-centric (so…Christocentric) material to check out. When I hear “new books”, I’m like “bet”, so I had to check it out. To my extreme surprise while looking through the various books there…I saw a problem. I ’bout got sick.
- Why am I tripping over this book? Well… (I’m glad you asked!)
- ROFLMBOOOOO nah this ain’t it -> http://biblejournalingdigitally.com/whats-wrong-with-jesus-calling-by-sarah-young-part1/
- Lol is this the 90s again? http://christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_JesusCalling.html
- Much better critique here… https://ses.edu/jesus-calling-by-sarah-young-a-false-jesus/
- WAIT WUT…SARAH YOUNG IS #TEAMPCA ?!… :-/
- Another three-day work week so let’s get it.
- Interesting read… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Tower_Society_unfulfilled_predictions
- China…doing what China does… https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/french-basketball-player-fined-in-china-for-not-looking-at-flag/ar-BBXXGaG
- WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/walmart-apologizes-for-sweater-featuring-santa-with-cocaine
- The media says she was paid “nearly” $2mil, which makes it sound so extravagant…but honestly I’m surprised that it’s “only” $2mil, considering the field she was in (law) https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/09/warren-was-paid-nearly-2-million-for-over-30-years-of-legal-work.html
- Thingy I wanted to read… https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/11/half-an-operating-system-the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-os2/
- SMH… https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/thousands-sign-petition-asking-nfl-to-remove-michael-vick-as-pro-bowl-captain-call-out-sponsors/
- Ohhhh I might do this next year… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrismon_tree
- Order my steps in Your word…GOOD MORNING! 🙂
- From Franklin Pres…(I like this-it’s a PCUSA church btw)
- What the… https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndia/pr/social-media-influencer-sentenced-14-years-federal-prison-after-plotting-hijack
- 🙂 https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/12/09/91-year-old-buffalo-man-receives-high-school-diploma-after-dropping-out-to-save-his-family-farm/
- Oh wow… https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2019/12/09/st-john-properties-is-giving-out-10m-in-bonuses.html
- Y’all keep me in your prayers…
- Oooo… https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/3/20984028/playstation-supercomputer-ps3-umass-dartmouth-astrophysics-25th-anniversary
- I AM TIRED SMH! I am running on all of 2.5hrs of sleep right now and…<looks at time, it’s 15:18>…I am feeling it…
- I press on.
- Ya’ll heard about this situation? Folk gotta do better – especially ones that have the audacity to be in ministerial office… https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/reporter-files-police-report-after-on-air-butt-slap-you-cant-help-yourself-to-a-womans-body/ar-AAK1x8c
- vibe Joe Pace, Colorado Mass Choir, Alicia Williamson, Maurice Carter – Stir Up The Gift
- fragrance of the day Dior Sauvage EDT (didn’t feel like thinking today…plus, I think my options are kinda limited in the winter)
- Mrs. Mantravadi has written some articles in the past that I have read…
- The most feared song in jazz, explained… https://youtu.be/62tIvfP9A2w
- MY GOODNESS
- Went to a party.
- TIL about the United Progressive Pentecostal Church (a denomination)…wooo Lordy…<insert Kenan Thompson GIF here>
- There’s a FB page for them, but I will not be linking them
- Found out about them after researching a “pastor” I saw being interviewed by Jesse Lee Peterson
- vibe Daryl Coley – He’s Preparing Me
- GOOD MORNING! https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/oink-oink-cha-ching-million-found-barrels-pork-67652678
- In my “Jesus Calling” research I stumbled upon this…and umm…wow.
- “Don’t you dare read that book and learn from it – you know she’s a woman…right?” I’m not concerned about this reply in the context of this particular book – the book is bad. But…for all things? Just trying to get the exegetical case for women not being able to write books for men to study/learn from and stuff. I don’t recall Paul mentioning that.
- GOT EM https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-porch-pirate-anaheim-gps-bait-package
- OH MY GOODNESS! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/16/us/strobe-attack-epilepsy.html
- wow https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/12/16/patricia-catania-bronx-middle-school-racism-lawsuits/
- SHEESH https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAK8ZjC?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare
- LOL I’m tired of this but I can’t stop looking smh https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBY3rlL?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare
- Hey – meetings and stuff today; we’ll see how things go though…
- 🙁 https://www.etonline.com/charlize-theron-says-shes-not-ashamed-to-discuss-the-night-her-mom-killed-her-dad-out-of-self
- This was a sad situation, and I agree with her wholeheartedly that her boldness in discussing it is a good thing. But where I must disagree with her is her thought that we should do something to address a perceived stigma against single-parent families. Lord knows I don’t have nothing but love for all ya’ll, and God bless her family…but she’s in a particularly unique situation as a bankable actress to even be able to afford to adopt and provide for her children as a single parent…when most single parent situations aren’t as fortunate. Even so, beyond all that…there is benefit to having a father in the family along with a mother for reasons beyond the financial. There’s a reason why single-parent situations are generally considered not so good. Gonna stop right there because I don’t plan to write anything on this subject lest I get myself into (even more) trouble.
- sn: …but that means she’s single tho… <insert “thicker than a bowl of oatmeal” GIF here 😂>
- Chrismon tree! http://www.chrismon.org/
- Randumb: can Presbyterians not sing “Total Praise” because of the “lift my hands” line? 😂
- …LOL GOOD MORNING 🙂
- Speaking of music…vibe: Isaiah D. Thomas and Elements of Praise – Said He Would Be With Me
- Ya’ll just sick smh https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50835214
- Bruh WUT https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/acting-chief-admits-fake-social-media-account-67767046
- From a comment on YouTube…
- Well at least she apologized… https://www.chron.com/news/article/Former-White-House-aide-Sanders-apologizes-for-14920964.php?cmpid=hpctp
- This whole video was very informative… https://youtu.be/2aEElYZQuA8
- I’m not sure ya’ll know just how timely this was to me… https://youtu.be/Eeg8CSsQ7a0
- Read some of a few books…
- Didn’t take my normal “after I get home from church nap” for some reason, so I’ve been more productive than normal after an outing with some of the small group
- 🙂 https://youtu.be/Uu8WP-Se90w
- VIBE! https://youtu.be/2Vp5aMPAUYQ
- BONUS VIBE! https://youtu.be/EJG4FMSSprw
- I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE! https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article238642623.html
- MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- Idk what happened to the day lol…hey, at least I got some of the house cleaned?!
- Alright, let’s go.
- I’m losing energy…I gotta get it together – work is coming up LOL
- Okay, time to shake things up a lil bit – Idk why I hadn’t seen this before (it’s a pretty old video) but here… https://youtu.be/DvyAKlFo21M (oh, and where is Pastor Justin these days?!)
- How did I end up here? https://youtu.be/GIajCqcvTg8
- I discovered this through a disclaimer that was on a YouTube video I watched (one of which I don’t have the link of, of course)…but I got a question: what exactly makes this different than Russia’s RT (except for RT being more obvious/overt?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_of_America
- PRAY https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/world/africa/ISIS-executions-Nigeria.html
- Oh wow… https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fifty-years-after-the-black-14-were-banished-wyoming-football-reckons-with-the-past/2019/11/30/fb7e9286-e93d-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html
- Something is wrong with me… https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/baby-talk-study-translates-babies/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
- Hmm… https://gizmodo.com/why-these-social-networks-failed-so-badly-1836996164?utm_source=pocket-newtab
- Minimum wage increase https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/28/minimum-wage-increase-2020-colorado/
- Already, Dollar Tree?! (yes, that’s Valentine’s Day candy…and it isn’t even 01/01/2020 yet what the… 😑)
- Who tryna get some Valentine’s Day candy or a gift? I need somebody to buy for (that isn’t my mama) lol
- <rubs hands…> back at work…no comment.
- Hmm… https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50943442
- 🙁 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50946431
- Pray for our siblings…it is getting ridiculous out here, ya’ll…
- Randum (that I thought of before Binging it so ignore this): is there an ESV that uses red text for Jesus’ words?
- I don’t agree with this assessment, and I’m not an Arminian https://www.gotquestions.org/arminianism.html
- I guess this is where we get the free will plus eternal security theology found in many Baptist churches today
- On that same token…UGGGHHHHH I like this site for some things, but for others it…uggghhhh https://www.gotquestions.org/ordinances-sacraments.html
- I need three more people/groups of people for my List Of Twelve, ya’ll…
- I got a little conf…I should read the Institutes at some point. Won’t be 2020 though! (insert “what it do babyyyyyy?” Kawhi Leonard GIF) http://calvinquotes.com/perseverance-is-the-gift-of-god/
- BONUS Randum: Really sad that as of right now, Spotify is spotty when it comes to Anita Baker’s music. It doesn’t even…wait…<bings info>…UGHHHH smh…so, I own all of her music in one form or another (yes, even vinyl), and yes most of her stuff is on there even if it is indirect but…dangit, Spotify…she’s the only really obvious artist that I like that you don’t have…
- fragrance of the day Dior Sauvage EDT (again, because it’s what I reach for when I’m just not quite sure)…but I will be purchasing a few more things shortly and I will be reviewing some stuff as well
- Gotta check this out at some point… https://www.bing.com/search?q=doomsday+preppers&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN
- Oh snap https://www.jwfacts.com/print/jw-studies-pamphlet.pdf
- My goodness… 🙁 https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/louisiana-plane-crash-monday-victim/index.html praying for him, his family and all involved…
- Yang gotta realize something: the DNC does not want him to win. They want him (and anyone who doesn’t completely tow their line) to shut up and disappear to let “Uncle Joe” lose it for them during the election… #YeahISaidIt https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dnc-shoots-down-andrew-yang-request-for-more-polling
- BRUH https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50947404
- Lol this is a roast sheesh https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/26/21038046/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-season-benchmark
- It’s New Year’s Eve – ya’ll don’t do anything [too] stupid, okay?
- Yesterday’s WLC question was #57…
- I like this translation as well…
- With his own blood—not the blood of goats and calves—he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.
- For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
- I know the NLT isn’t perfect, but as far as translations using dynamic equivalence, I find it to do pretty well compared to many of the others with the same aim. I should write something about the little I know about Bible translations (the good, the bad, and the ugly)…we’ll see. I owe the 4 people that’ll get my site address a lot (like baptism, life, etc)…so…this ain’t priority 😉
- vibe the gospel music I grew up on… (and this is where I first notice that my highlighting isn’t transferring to this format…)
- I gotta be careful with this stuff – not really sure why but for the past year or so, music has been pulling emotions from me that are just unusual. I mean…I’ll be riding somewhere, a track will come on, and I’ll be in tears. I can’t be at work like that though…I refuse to go out sad lol
- I will write about some of this though.
- Randum thought: I gotta write down the story about my first Linux installation lol…and oddly enough, it was not Ubuntu that I installed! I need to include pics and details because it’s…a story that, if you know me – it makes perfect sense LOL -> I promise I’ll do at least this one today haha 🙂
- Featuring music from Change, Toni Braxton, Anita Baker, an old-school Dell Optiplex tower (that was not mine), mail-order Linux CDs, a Lexar 256MB JumpDrive that held aforementioned music…that stayed with me throughout a lot of my pre-college education, an empty (aside from a bunch of computers) former music classroom, and time.
- Reference to the only link I’ve been able to find to a drive that looks similar to what I had (mine was clear and twice the size of what is at the link…so I could hold more music that I’d in all likelihood burn onto a CD when I could…but wait that’s later in time, okay?): https://smile.amazon.com/Lexar-PD-128-231-JumpDrive-Portable-Flash/dp/B00006I5FQ?sa-no-redirect=1
- Yay! https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/12/31/Trump-signs-robocall-bill-reauthorizes-Debbie-Smith-Act/1981577806262/
- smh… https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/mcdonalds-cup-police-officer-kansas-trnd/index.html
- Pastor Justin thooo… https://youtu.be/50WcNMwuQCA (from 2010!)
- I think I wanna come up with themes of “free time study” for the months of the year. I will do what I do during the month gathering notes and links, and write a lil something about the theme at the start of the next month. Now, to come up with some themes…